Equipment Engineer I
DSD - Maintenance
Perform set-up of tools for production, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of tools.
Primary Working Relationships:
Equipment Engineering Manager
Process Technicians and Equipment Engineers
Managers, Manufacturing Technicians, Process Engineering, Process Technicians, Equipment Engineering, Maintenance Technician
1. *Responsible for repairing and enhancing all mechanical parts in the clean room.
2. *Responsible for preventive maintenance on various equipment in the clean room. This is done weekly, monthly, semi-monthly and annually on 2 - 5 tool sets.
3. *Troubleshoot electrical problems down to the board level.
4. *Repair all pneumatic problems.
5. *Setup the Pick tools to run various products.
6. *Performs tool installation from receiving the tool to process release.
7. *Assist Process engineering with root cause troubleshooting.
8. *Assist Process engineering with tool enhancements.
9. *Initiate projects that will lead to higher through put or increased tool availability.
10. *Assists OEM to ensure the tool of choice meets or exceeds our process requirements.
11. *Responsible for meeting the Company’s Quality Objectives as it relates to Company policy.
12. All other duties assigned.
* Essential Functions The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: Prefer AA Degree or equivalent experience.
Job Related Experience: 2 – 5 years working as an Equipment Engineer. Must have the ability to troubleshoot down to board level. Must be able to use DMM, Oscilloscope, and able to read prints. Sufficient experience in Semiconductor operations to maintain an in-depth understanding of the organization and business, handle problems and issues that arise, ability to work on their own, and promote and maintain team environment.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50lbs. with ease. Must be able to stand for 12 hours without any risk to personal health. Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have an understanding of the process flow through the entire fab. Ability to work on Disco saws, automated inspection systems and pick/place equipment or related equipment is desirable. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must and ability to multi-task with the attention to detail.