FlipChip International, LLC (FCI) in Phoenix, AZ, is a global leader in technology and a supplier of advanced Wafer Level Packaging and Back-End services. FCI is seeking an engineer to work as a Process Engineer who will be a hands-on member of the Process Engineering Group. The focus of the Process Engineering Group is to achieve high yield and on-time delivery for our customers. The ideal candidate will be successful using process characterization techniques, DOEs, and process controls in maintenance and improvement of various manufacturing processes. The candidate will work with other Engineers from Process, R&D, Product, and Equipment, along with Operations, Quality, and Customer Service to ensure a smooth and continuous flow of production material through the factory and to collaborate in the deployment of new technologies from the development phase to full commercial production. Other responsibilities will include selection of new process equipment used in all areas of wafer bumping fabrication, preparation of standard operating procedures and training other engineers and technicians on new processes and process developments. Some occasional travel including to China might be necessary.
Process, Equipment and Product Engineering Groups
1. Work as a team player within the Process Engineering Group providing expertise and support in different areas of wafer processing as needed.
2. Drive technology development, capability improvements, and process cost reductions.
3. Updating all documentation pertaining to the assigned areas of responsibility including editing existing specifications and generating new documents to ensure that effective methods of monitoring and controlling the process are in place.
4. The candidate will possess an understanding of Statistical Process Control techniques and using measurement systems for input and response variables and ensuring these measurement systems are characterized and capable.
5. Work within the company to support emerging customer needs, including innovations in applications, materials and processes.
6. Work with material and equipment suppliers in selecting, evaluating and deploying new materials and other consumables.
7. Be able to work in a team to diagnose process and equipment issues and to help thoroughly resolve these issues in a professional manner.
8. Effectively present technical results by presentation and in writing to FCI personnel.
9. Effectively communicating with customers and suppliers both verbally and in writing, creating and executing documented project plans with milestones, ensuring that all development and characterization work is documented.
10. Completing weekly reports, SPC reports, and project updates on time as required.
Education: Minimum of a BS Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related engineering field. Advanced degrees will be considered.
Job Related Experience: Experience in the semiconductor industry as a process or equipment is referred but not required. Focus on lithography, wet chemistry or plating is desired, other functional areas will be considered.
Physical Requirements: The process engineer must possess the ability to work for an extended period of time in a cleanroom setting. Some hands on work in terms of equipment maintenance and set up may be required.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Candidate must understand overall process control, characterization as well as continuous improvement and development. Knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE) methodologies is highly desirable. Candidate will be required to gain knowledge of FCI processes, process controls, materials, and equipment functionality as well as FCI Quality Policies and Specifications. Knowledge of packaging and assembly requirements and practices is a plus, as well as industry reliability and performance requirements and standards. The ability to matrix manage small task-based teams is desired as well as project management and related communication skills. The successful candidate should have strong PC skills, including all Microsoft Office applications, the ability to use JMP software with high competency to complement their statistical knowledge. Mandarin language skills considered a plus.